Asked Questions

Will my home's build specification be maintained?

Yes, we always carry out work in-line with the build standard of the property. For example, if work is being carried out on a BS 3632:2015 home, any refurbishment work will comply with BS 3632:2015 and if the property is built to an earlier British Standard, we will ensure all refurbishment work complies or exceeds that standard. 

How long will it take for work to be carried out on my home?

This very much depends on the work involved. When quoting we will give you an indication of how much time it is likely to take to complete your refurbishment and also how soon we will be able to start work. 

Will there be much disturbance when work is carried out?

We always try to keep disruption to a minimum and for the majority of refurbishment work it won’t be necessary for you to vacate your home.  We will clear up after a job has been completed and leave your property as clean and tidy as possible.

Is all refurbishment work guaranteed?

Yes, all our refurbishment work is carried out by skilled tradesmen and is guaranteed.

I have been given a cheaper quote, why should I go with you?

It is always advisable to compare quotes, however, it is worth being cautious when considering hiring tradesmen who knock on your door offering low prices, particularly those who ask for money upfront or cash in hand as they may be avoiding paying tax.  It is important to make sure anyone completing work is from a reputable company, is VAT registered and fully insured.

What interior refurbishments do you undertake?

We currently only undertake interior refurbishments to kitchens and bathrooms.

Does your work meet park home build standards?

Yes, all our work is carried out by experienced tradesmen in-line with the build standard of your particular park home or lodge. We are also NICEIC and Gas Safe registered.

Will you undertake refurbishment work to any park home or lodge or does it have to be an Omar?

Yes, we are happy to quote for all park homes and lodges.

What’s the difference between BS 3632 and EN 1647 lodges?

Lodges can be built to BS 3632 or EN 1647.  EN 1647 is the European standard for caravan lodges, which are suitable for temporary, or seasonal holiday use only, whereas BS 3632 lodges are built to the residential standard for park homes, and are suitable for permanent residence (depending on the site license) and all year round use (all Omar Group park homes and lodges are built to the residential standard BS 3632).

How do I know if my park home is built to BS 3632?

All park home manufacturers who are members of the NCC (National Caravan Council) participate in their Self Certification Scheme to ensure conformity with BS 3632. Every home is manufactured to a rigorous program of test and inspection and the summary is then sent to the NCC for verification. Each home is then issued with a Manufacturers Declaration of Compliance certificate when despatched to the park.

What are U-Values?

U-values measure how effective a material is as an insulator; the lower the U-value, the better the material is as a heat insulator.